Don’t Fall, II
Continuing with the theme of hubris, let’s not forget that we teachers are real people who can also be influenced by hubris/pride.
Let’s keep things on the positive side and present a list of what you’ll find in a teacher who is not enamored with him/herself:
- open to new ideas (but not recklessly)
- optimistic (but not unrealistically so)
- easy to get along with
- enjoys what she/he does (most of the time)
- doesn’t mind not being first
- doesn’t expect/crave recognition (but it’s nice when it happens)
- lets little things slide
That’s way too short of a list. What would you add?